What we are looking for
We are seeking a high-energy and intellectually curious intern to join our team in the beginning of 2016. The perfect candidate will be an excellent writer, who thinks creatively and strategically. You will work closely with our team to support some exciting research projects, but you will also have additional responsibilities across the firm. The day-to-day tasks will vary, but will include horizon scanning of trends and topics, researching, pitching ideas, analysing data, synthesise results and drafting content. We are looking for someone who is interested in spending at least 3 months with our team.
Who we are
Shift*Base is a highly innovative think tank dedicated to exploring the future of organisations and work in the digital age from a (broadly) socio-technical perspective. Our focus is understanding the impact of digital transformation and the societal case for upgrading our organisational models and institutions. We undertake original research, and we are building a knowledge base of useful practices, case studies and models.
What we can offer
You will be joining a growing team of curious, smart and ambitious people, who are passionate about taking digital transformation to the next level and truly change the way organisations operate. Titles and seniority have little meaning within our walls and we believe that everyone has valuable input to offer. The internship is targeted to graduates or students who want to gain experience in the world of professional services and social media communications. Interns will also be exposed to cutting-edge interdisciplinary approaches to organisational change, social technology and digital transformation.
During your internship you will develop a solid understanding of:
- digital ways of working
- digital research methods
- future challenges for organisations across industries
- emergent approaches to organisational development
- modern management practices
You will be paid internship expenses in line with current best practice for this type of role.
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities. However, this role is London-based and requires you to be a legal UK resident.
How to apply
We are looking for individuals, who are motivated by the subject and like to share their point of view. Here is how to make a great first impression:
- Read “The Shift Has Happened. What Comes Next?” by our founders Livio & Lee.
- Write an essay of no more than 250 words on what you think might be the main challenge of organisations in the digital age. Please note that we will not consider applications that have not completed this step.
- Include the essay in your application, along with your cover letter and CV. Please keep your CV to one page.
- Send your application to email@example.com.
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/postshift, https://twitter.com/shift_groups and https://twitter.com/shift_base.